Translate

Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 381 of Giving Thanks

I wrote something completely different earlier in the day, sent it home to review and, just like that, there was an entirely new topic. There is always a fine line when I write – how much information is too much, how much is too little to get the lesson or depth of gratitude that is present in my life.

“Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart, All you who hope in the LORD."  ~Psalm 31:24



For today, I definitely know that everything in my life is to prepare. The stretching of emotional breaking points to immeasurable and, at times unbearable physical pain to heartache repairable only by my creator, and through it all hope so great that my heart leaps at the thought of an eternity with my heavenly Father.

I am more confident than ever, that the Lord has been preparing me for this chapter of my life - that my thoughts and words reveal the work He has been doing deep inside my soul. 


Blessed be God—he heard me praying. He proved He's on my side; I've thrown my lot in with him. Now I'm jumping for joy, and shouting and singing my thanks to Him.” ~Psalm 28:6-7 (The Message)


I am grateful for true friends and prayer partners. I know that healing is right on the horizon, and regardless of the test results, God is in control and His plan is perfect. And, even in the moments when my heart and mind are in conflict, I have faithful friends who will remind me of the honesty and truth that is embedded so deeply.

I have heard it every day for 30 days. And, today I heard it again. 
Be still. Trust in the Lord. Rest. Rest in Him. 

An answer of "no" or "not now", as well as "yes" is the perfect answer. Today, and every day, I will remember who is in control and be grateful that all prayers are answered according to His purpose, not just for me, but for His purpose.



“The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him." ~Psalm 28:7


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me