Translate

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 382 of Giving Thanks

As I sit here listening the swish of the dishwasher in the background and a Warriors game going on downstairs, I know that that my life is good. I know that this time is not what I had pictured or imagined it to be, but I am content with all the things that are present in my life.

For the first time, I am able to stop and step back away from my life and rest. I am grateful that God has placed the physical limitations that He has, and I look forward to realizing His life for me that is already in motion.

Faith Brings Joy
“Therefore, since I have been made right in God’s sight by faith, I have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ my Lord has done for me. Because of my faith, Christ has brought me into this place of undeserved privilege where I now stand, and I confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory.
"I can rejoice, too, when I run into problems and trials, for I know that they help me develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens my confident hope of salvation.  And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For I know how dearly God loves me, because he has given me the Holy Spirit to fill my heart with his love.” Romans 5:1-5 (New Living Translation)

Quiet and still are my nemesis. I have gone “thirty ways from the middle” my entire life.  Because of God’s will, I am being forced to stop and step back from the life I’ve known to rest and be still. But going like I have for so long was creating an enemy that was taking over. Pain and exhaustion have become too much a part of who I am right now, so now I rest and wait… and hold on to the promises of a mighty God.

‎"But first, be concerned about his kingdom and what has his approval. Then all these things will be provided for you." ~Matthew 6:33 (King James Version)

I know that I must keep my eyes on God, my Abba Father, my mighty creator.... as I live through my circumstances. And as I start my day, I give Him praise and worship for everything in my life and as I close out my day, I give thanks for the amazing life I have.

I am grateful for the challenges in my life, and especially those in the last year. The moments of devastation, as well as the moments of great accomplishments have given me insight like I have never experienced before. You see, my perspective about many things has changed. There is a new sense of desire to fulfill what God designed specifically for me. There is a sense of purpose and a life so full of hope because of what God has done in my life, that I want to share that with everyone.

His purpose for me is big... His work in me is significant – everything counts and everything in my life has a purpose – I will live well - work with passion - love completely – and give as my heart directs of my time, talent and treasure.




© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta                     
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me