Translate

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 356 of Giving Thanks

I hear ,"Do not conform..."

Will it be difficult? Yes! Yet everything is possible with God – I put your trust in the only one who can pull this off.

For me, conforming would be allowing the challenges to win. It would be allowing myself to give up and give in, but I will not conform to that. I will push through because I trust that God has me. I trust that “all is well with my soul”, and really that is what matters. Conforming would mean that I do what the world does, “take a pill”, wait for others to “do for me” or just complain and even blame.

“Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.” ~Romans 12:2 (NIV)

Today, I remember the good days I have experienced – the moments of “normal” that are so attractive and memorable. And, I am so grateful for the hope that delivers to my heart and my soul. I am grateful for the hope of a secure future, and the love of one who prepared the way.

This hope is promised to all of us, and is lovingly delivered right to us from our mighty Father. I am grateful that I have so many promises to hold onto, to find shelter in. These are the words I find peace in today.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests TO ME.” ~Philippians 4:6  (NIV)


"Do you not know? Have you not heard? I AM the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. I WILL NOT grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom." ~Isaiah 40:28 (NIV)


 Jeremiah 33:3 says “Call unto me, and I will show you great and mighty things.” (NIV)


“I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who [a]infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency.”~Philippians 4:13 (Amplified Bible)


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." ~Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV)

© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta                     
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me