Translate

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 414 of Giving Thanks

“God holds me head and shoulders above all who try to pull me down.  I'm headed for his place to offer anthems that will raise the roof!  Already I'm singing God-songs; I'm making music to God.” ~Psalm 27:6

How could I do anything less than expect the greatest things in life; and know that when "life happens" God is in control. He is trustworthy. I put my trust in Him and watch daily, as my circumstances transform into the most amazing unfolding of a beautiful story.

"The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom Shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

I am grateful that I can watch how the greatest lover of my life reveals His plans daily. And see His gifts for me displayed as the brightest of light. In addition, it is in the darkest moments when His light can be seen most brightly. Thank You Lord for allowing Your light to shine through even the densest of circumstances.

Another day completes, a day of productivity and accomplishment. Chris and I had another wonderful day, I enjoy his wit, his playfulness – I enjoy the time and appreciate the miracle of my life as it is right now.

My life is protected.
“But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.” ~Psalm 5:11

“The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.” ~Psalm 18:2

“He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."  ~Psalm 91:1-

"Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.” ~Psalm 91:14

As the wind blows and the rain pounds outside, I know that am protected by the walls and roof of my home. And so much greater than the assurance of my home continuing to stand or the protection of walls and roof, is the assurance through the promises of a mighty and perfect God.

I am grateful that no matter what is going on around me, I have God's protection that is perfect!

Like I said, it has been a full day... I love the time when I can just shut everything down, sit quietly and be in the presence of my King. Being still is such a gift, and although it is a wonderful gift for God, it is even more so, a gift for me. Lord, help me be still, so that I can enjoy Your gifts.

“Therefore, they are before the throne of God and serve him day and night in his temple; and he who sits on the throne will shelter them with his presence." ~Revelation 7:15

Father, I thank You for my life. I thank You for being my shelter and my provider. May my life always be pleasing to you and one day I will hear you say, “…Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!” ~Matthew 25:21


(New International Version used for this study)

© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me