Translate

Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 443 of Giving Thanks

It wasn’t that long ago, that I saw, an insecure little girl – who was so fearful of so many things – who was the victim in so many circumstances – who fought to smile on the inside – whose opportunities were based on my past. Just a few years ago when I looked in the mirror, I saw the flaws – I saw the painful memories – I saw the disappointment and sorrow in my life – and saw what I was not.

A simple look in the mirror and a sincere look into my heart today brought an entirely different feeling than in years past, and brought tears to my eyes. And, it truly is so hard to believe that the person I stand before as I look in the mirror has changed so much. Physically, I have not changed all that much, however as I look into my eyes, I see a beautiful extension of God and security for that person looking back at me.

What He has created is someone totally different than who I once saw in the mirror.

What changed? My vantage point, my perspective – my thoughts – I think differently, because I believe wholly.


“How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them!” ~Psalm 139:17

My reflection in the mirror is today, not yesterday and not the future. It is in the “here and now”. Stop today and ask God to show you the true reflection of who you are. As I reflect on Him, I see that amazing transformation from the insecure little girl we started with.


“I will not fear though tens of thousands assail me on every side.” ~Psalm 3:6


I live out victory every day now, because He conquered everything that needed to be conquered. "But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." ~1 Corinthians 15:57


From the inside out, I will smile for everyone to see. “The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.” ~1 Timothy 1:5

And from the ashes of my past, there is beauty. That is what I see in the mirror today, and as God works “to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair” , there is hope beyond measure.


Isaiah 61
The Year of the LORD’s Favor
1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,[a]
2 to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor.
4 They will rebuild the ancient ruins
and restore the places long devastated;
they will renew the ruined cities
that have been devastated for generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me