Translate

Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 440 of Giving Thanks

In the comfort of prayer is where I spent much of my day. I woke up feeling a little stiff, out of sorts, nothing out of the ordinary aches and pains and moving very slow. In the past, I would have started by going to God asking for energy, strength and an easing of the pain. Today was different. And, I am so encouraged by this.

“Hear my prayer, O God; listen to the words of my mouth.” ~Psalm 54:2

Rather than focus on me, I prayed, “God, what do You have for me today. How can I serve You?” I read His word, worshiped and sat quietly and had a wonderful and peaceful time of silence.

As I went to pick out another song, and began to cruise my Facebook page and notifications, like magic, my inbox on Facebook had a prayer request – when I opened it, it said, “2 seconds ago”. So I took His promptings and continued my day in prayer. Two more followed on Facebook and another through text message on my phone. Thanks to technology for helping me serve my purpose.

“Hear the supplications of your servant and of your people Israel when they pray toward this place. Hear from heaven, your dwelling place; and when you hear, forgive.” 2 Chronicles 6:21-22

Do you ever feel like your brain is going way faster than you can comprehend? What is that? My mind cannot possibly wrap around all the goodness of God, but today, it is really trying. I will end with this, a prayer. It is not only for my friends, but what is sincerely in my heart as well.
 
 “Jeremiah’s Prayer LORD, I know that people’s lives are not their own; it is not for them to direct their steps.” ~Jeremiah 10:23

Father, we stand before You grateful for the life we have been given, the one we look forward to especially - and we know that Your plans for us are great, for you tell us so in Your word. We thank You Lord for being here with us, right now in our walk - we thank You for protecting us, correcting us and leading us from our past - we thank You for going before us every day as we embark on the purpose You set us out on. We pray Lord that we hear You clearly above the noise and through our own voices that become so loud at times. 

We pray for discernment as we "think", help us to "know", as we "guess", help us to "be sure it's You". Lord, I lift my brothers and sisters up to You who are overwhelmed with Your presence, yet question their steps. We stand before You Lord, humbled from our experiences and sanctioned by Your work for us. Lord, it is Your purpose that is the desires of our heart, help us to put the proper name, task or mission to it. Let us be an example of You even through our mistakes, pain or hardship. We pray boldly Lord for Your hand upon us right now. Let us be still enough to hear Your voice... Through the amazing and beautiful sacrifice of Jesus, we pray for these things and Your will, together for the glory of the mighty kingdom. Amen.

“For the director of music -With stringed instrument - A psalm of David
Answer me when I call to you, my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; have mercy on me and hear my prayer.” ~Psalm 4:1 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me