Translate

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 432 of Giving Thanks

As I got ready to push, publish, there was uneasiness in my spirit. It was a really long day, a bit taxing emotionally and God had some things to work out in me. When I sat with Him this morning, I had a sense of purpose – a desire to do so much that if I don’t accomplish ‘it’ I will burst. So, what is ‘it’?

“It” is many things.
“It” is providing hope and showing joy.
“It” is a sharing of God’s compassion with others.
“It” is a desire to seek truth and keeping it visible.
“It” is knowing that His purpose is my heart’s desire.
“It” is having assurance, forgiveness and the Holy Spirit.
“It” is time.
“It” is freedom and awareness.
“It” is a spreading of fire.

I am drenched in the fuel of the Holy Spirit. Jesus is the match... and God is the flame.

How is it that I am so fortunate? How can it be that I am revered and loved and cared for greatly by the hand that created, not only me, but everything we see, hear and touch?
How is it that I am so rich? How can it be that I receive rewards beyond measure every day?
How is it that I am so honored? How can it be that I have access to every lesson, every promise and every bit of forgiveness extended?


‎"I'm thanking you, God, from a full heart, I'm writing the book on your wonders. I'm whistling, laughing, and jumping for joy; I'm singing your song, High God." ~Psalm 9:1&2 (The Message)

Father, thank You for lighting a fire in me – for giving me the fuel I need to make it through my days with vigor and steam. Continue to deliver whatever is needed for my compassionate heart, my eyes wide open and my ears ready to hear, even the softest of words.


“Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. Colossians 3:12-13 (NIV)
It is my daily desire to find joy in the Lord – to let Him shine on my life – to let the “God in me” be attractive and beautiful – to let others see that He is truly the commander of my life - keeping me in alignment with what God has me doing every day. I know He is faithful. I know that I cannot please everyone and I must, in all circumstances keep my focus on the goal – to be like Christ.

“God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.” ~1 Corinthians 1:9

Lord, thank You for being with me all day today, even when I forgot that you are with me every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me