Translate

Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 421 of Giving Thanks

Although I have been a “believer”, a Christian for many years, there were many things that eluded my grasp. For many years, I saw myself as a victim of many things – many forms of abuse, illness, circumstances – because I was seeing my life from eyes that were alone.

Thank You, Father, for giving me strength and truth in my life – for opening my eyes to all of the things that once eluded my understanding, thank You for allowing me to attempt to figure it all out on my own. Many times, I would ask, “Why did this happen to me?” was one of my favorites…

Now, I am victorious over everything, because I have Jesus. And, now my favorite question is, "How can You, God, use this for me to become better; to become who YOU want me to be?"

“You became imitators of us and of the Lord, for you welcomed the message in the midst of severe suffering with the joy given by the Holy Spirit. And so you became a model to all the believers in Macedonia and Achaia. The Lord’s message rang out from you not only in Macedonia and Achaia—your faith in God has become known everywhere. Therefore we do not need to say anything about it, for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath." ~1 Thessalonians 1:6-10

My desire is to be like the Thessalonians to become an imitator of great faith with the Holy Spirit, and to know that my life can be of great testimony, even in the midst of suffering or challenge as I serve my heavenly Father. My desire is to be “good soil” and to be good seed. And, how powerful is one little seed? It has the power to reproduce life and then reseed… Let me be that good seed, Lord. Let me be the one to ask, to seek and question.

“Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up and yielded a crop, a hundred times more than was sown.

When he said this, he called out, 'Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.'” ~Luke 8:8

Today, I ask myself, how do I change the world? And, my answer has come through reading the word, my God’s word, and allowing it to germinate, spread and reproduce deep within me, and out to the world. I change the world, by allowing change in myself. I change the world by allowing God to use me in any and every way possible.

“His disciples asked him what this parable meant.” ~Luke 8:9

Jesus used parables to divide and distinguish the seeds… Hearing at church that only 16% of Christians read the bible daily, breaks my heart, yet I am reassured again that my heart’s desires are real, my quest for the truth is real, my love and sharing of the truth are real. The word is the seed, because it contains life. And, asking questions allows the seeds to grow. The more I ask, the more I see.

“I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.” ~Isaiah 61:10

God tells me every day, "I love you Shawn. I have already shown you how much with the cross. I continue to show You through the Holy Spirit as your guide. I will always be here, and never leave you."

‎"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." ~3 John 1:4

For my friends, who are fearful, do not be afraid – allow God to continue to give you revelations… you do not have to “do” anything on your own. Alone, we will not overcome the world. It is when I began to actively engage in the Lord that my will started to resemble His will. It is through my daily gratitude for what He has done for me, that gives me the strength for that obedience He so desires in my live.

Before, I was afraid of Hell – today, it is not scary because I know where I am going when I leave this earth. I have a relationship with God - meaning, I have accepted that Jesus lived the perfect life - Jesus suffered before and on the cross - He died on the cross - was buried - He defeated death - and now sits in His rightful spot in heaven with our creator.... this as truth, is your assurance. I am grateful that He did all this for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me