Translate

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 441 of Giving Thanks

What an evening. It was a 7:30pm start time, and the expectation was that it would be a “slam dunk”, pun intended. As games go, it didn’t turn out a “winner” for the Warriors, but there were exciting moments. Chris and I arrived at the arena at 6 to be there for a season ticket holder raffle – we had 4 raffle tickets and won 3 prizes… now that doesn’t happen often.

The first was an autographed photo of Vladimir Radmanovic, Chris really wanted a David Lee jersey but we got an upgrade for the game for nearly-courtside tickets, right behind the basket. What a great way to watch a game. It is a much different game from there. We also won 20 tickets and a suite for a game next month – now what we will do with them is yet to be seen, but pretty cool. That was just the beginning.

At the beginning of the game, I noticed that one of the player’s wife and their son was sitting to our left, same row.

While in our seats, during the 2nd quarter and during a time out – I thought about some of the things I had prayed about, and the people I wanted to pray about, so I did. As I did, I also thought about the women’s conference I am praying about doing in the summer. Earlier in the day, when praying about the conference the thought popped into my head that I would love to have a local celebrity to open the event up to more ladies… and I heard “ask her”.


"Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in Him! Make it as clear as you canto all you meet that you’re on their side, working with them and not against them. Help them see that the master is about to arrive. He could show up any minute!” ~Philippians 4:4-5 (The Message)


Learning to be obedient, and doing what God prompts, I walked over and introduced myself – without hesitation, I told her what I just heard – at that very moment, my friend Walter Hoye stepped up, handing us game stats; and said “you are talking to a great lady”, or something along that line to my new friend. I expect great things, not because I am great, but because I have a great God.

So, what am I grateful for? I am grateful for listening and learning to hear God and to learning to expect great things. I have never been more excited about God in my life, or about so many different things. I look forward to living every day.

“Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice.” ~Philippians 4:4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me