Translate

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 442 of Giving Thanks

Staying connected and praying continually is “a must” with the world we live in. So many times, I walk out my front door and realize immediately that I have not prepared my mind for the day properly. Today was one of those days –  I am the only believer among many of our friends and family and learning and being one of few who have faith like I do, can be uncomfortable  – that is quite exciting actually, I am on tack.

So, in the car, in silence, I sought God and His protection. I am grateful that it is that easy – that He is that available – that He desires me to do that often.


"Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land.” ~Job 1:10 

I have been very fortunate that my world has been quite sheltered in the last couple of years. And, the interaction with the world has been one on one, or in a more controlled environment, like the one on Facebook – and today, God showered me with a calm and connection that allowed me to be around my family – a group that is very much where I once was regarding God.

As I sit here tonight, regrouping, recovering and reconnecting, I find comfort in reading notes from friends and connecting with my brothers and sisters. I am grateful that in this time of being sheltered and in this protective environment, I am becoming more equipped to move through the world with the Holy Spirit within, Jesus’ blood covering me completely and the power, love and truth of God about me.

“May Your unfailing love be my comfort, according to Your promise to Your servant.” ~Psalm 119:76


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me