Translate

Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 436 of Giving Thanks

Twenty-seven years ago, an enemy entered my blood stream and altered my life forever, or did it? Regardless of all that has been endured, and what has yet to be “lived through”, I would not change my story a bit. This journey is the journey that was determined long ago.

“Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.” ~Proverbs 19:21

The other day, I saw a video and the commentator spoke of the cards that we are dealt – these are our circumstances. I have had times in my life when I wish for different cards, more pleasant cards, the perfect cards – yet today I know that the cards I carry allow me to live out a life of purpose – to prepare me for the life that He specifically designed for me.

And, stories are truly the greatest way to share a life. So, in the pages of my mind, I go through my cards, and I can assure you that I am grateful for everyone of them – especially knowing that He holds my cards so dearly.

I have learned to look at my circumstances as ways to become the “perfected Shawn” when the time comes and I get to go home. My life, average and ordinary, but I am by far extraordinary because of who dwells in me – my life is a series of stories weaved together to make a my book, where every moment on every page is known and edited and revered by God himself.

“I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.” ~Isaiah 61:10

I  know that the adversary is out there. Trying to steal my joy, squash my dreams and tries aggressively to get into my head.... But I am a child of God, and have an ADVOCATE that resides in me, the Holy Spirit, and with God I can do anything, even conquer my fears and know joy completely.

Isn't it wonderful to be so loved? Know that He loves you immensely. Faith in Jesus sets us free, not faith in faith, and remembering who has the power to change us. It is never me, and ALWAYS Him.

My life is filled with so many blessings. And, today, yet even more to be grateful for. How is that possible? How can I be so fortunate to have such favor?

It is because I am loved so much, and loved perfectly by my creator, the one who knows me intimately, from my beginning through eternity. It is because there is so much hope in every day, in every moment. I know how my book will end, and I am excited about all the pages in between.

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." ~Hebrews 11:1

(New International Version used for this study)






© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Giving-Thanks-Daily/290738571406





No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me