Translate

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 439 of Giving Thanks

When I count on my own understanding, even in the area of hope.... I just miss it, unless it is "hope with God" and "hope in God".

T O D A Y there is tremendous hope in my heart. An amazing image of repair and restoration, physically. This is completely new to me – an image of a life without the physical pain is a life that I have dreamed about more than a few times in my lifetime. There is much to be thankful for in my life. Many things that most people would not consider worthy of gratitude I find comfort in today… because I have learned to see past where I am today, to see past my circumstances.

This was not always the case. There have many times that these words of Job resonated completely with what my mind was processing, “If only my anguish could be weighed and all my misery be placed on the scales!” ~Job 6:2, and through all of his pain, his questions, his uncertainty, he is sure that the answer to all of them reside in his relationship with his Mighty God, yet speaking them brings clarity beyond measure. “What strength do I have, that I should still hope? What prospects, that I should be patient? Do I have the strength of stone? Is my flesh bronze? Do I have any power to help myself?” ~Job 6:11-13

My former dwelling places have brought me more pain than the physical pain-itself – many times creating hardship or heartache when hope was right in front of me. As I look at what I dwell on now, it warms my heart and softens my steps. There is a sense of attraction, and I am not talking about attracting the power of the universe in worldly-spiritual terms. I am relating the attraction of being so connected to my God, that I can see, at times, exactly what He wants me to do, where to go, how to do it… when before, the connector wasn’t connected at all, and much was missed or misinterpreted.

“You will bring them in and plant them on the mountain of your inheritance—the place, LORD, you made for your dwelling, the sanctuary, Lord, your hands established.” ~Exodus 6:5

T O D A Y, as I dwell in my God and knowing His presence in my life, and in this very moment, I sense a swelling in my heart – that connection.

T O D A Y, wrapping my being around “hope” like never before. Knowing that as I pray for a miracle, it has changed, just from yesterday. Because today, I see that the “miracle seed” was planted long ago. Sometimes when “I  believe” I need a miracle to happen, God has already sowed that exact seed in my life. I am just waiting for it to sprout, grow and bloom... it is right there in front of me. My eyes need to be open for me to see.

“The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It's our handle on what we can't see. The act of faith is what distinguished our ancestors, set them above the crowd.” ~Hebrews 11:1-2

So today, I will thank You Lord for the miracle already performed. “By faith, we see the world called into existence by God's word, what we see created by what we don't see.” ~Hebrews 11:3





© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta                  
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809


Bible version used today: New International Version

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me