Translate

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 422 of Giving Thanks

I walked into the office today, and I felt like I was deep in a freezer, so immediately, we turned up the heat; however it did take a while to kick in and feel comfortable. For an hour, I sat with the floor heater blasting into my body. My hands were so cold, that I could hardly type – but I could turn up the music, and wisp through emails and requests in my Outlook file. By the time my hands thawed, I had completed my email review and my mind was readied for the day.

I am grateful for the warmth in my life – the people who I share this existence with. I am grateful for the warmth in my heart – the Lord and His favor in so many ways. I am grateful for the warmth in my mind – my savior and His blanket of salvation that makes everything in my life and heart work.

 “The fire must be kept burning on the altar continuously; it must not go out." ~Leviticus 6:13

And, as I sat and warmed my hands and filled my senses with the music of the Lord, I thought of how grateful I am that His warmth often times, comes through fire – through refining, and the residue of His fire’s embers are what light my way, build my character and forge my journey so greatly. It is the world that is cold and is like icy waters to the senses that numb the existence of so many.

As I write this, I am emotionally recovering from reading a story – one that shows so greatly the grace of God, and how He can use even the worst of deeds to shine light. A story of redemption that only God can give and shows His great mercy and deep forgiveness for someone who was abashedly sucked into the evil of this world and, not only bought the lies, but sold them as well. And, yet, I read the words I just wrote, and know that I have just described many aspects of my own life as well.

Mercy to wipe clean a slate stained of many things, including my Savior’s blood from all the years I dismissed His knocking – forgiveness given freely and lovingly, for any and all of my horrific deeds and acts done unto Him and others – and grace beyond measure.

He is ever-present within you through the Holy Spirit, just because we cannot "feel" Him doesn't mean He is not there. He is always with us, Jesus promised that when He left...  two verses come to mind as I pray and write this morning.

"God is faithful and He will not let you be tested beyond your strength but with your testing he will also provide the way out so that you may be able to endure it." ~1 Corinthians 10:13

“Do you now believe?” Jesus replied. “A time is coming and in fact has come when you will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me.
I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” ~John 16:30-33

Do you feel it? No, well no worries, it is here. The presence of the Lord is with us always, no matter how we feel, He is with us always and the more time we spend with Him, the more we will become in tune with Him.

Lord, we thank You for Your presence daily, and moment by moment, and I pray that I can know it completely as I wander this world with Your aim in mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me