Translate

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 437 of Giving Thanks

I am grateful that I can hear… the strum of a guitar as the worship music begins. The sound of the shower in the morning, as my husband gets ready. A hello meow from my cat, as I walk in the door. Maybe, it is the sound of a child calling “mommy” behind me at the store. But tonight it is the whisper in the silence. Tonight it is an urging to “let go” of the fight, and give it to Him, and allow Him to orchestrate “what’s next”.

For so many years of my life, I have tried to depend on my own efforts. To research and “do the work” and in many cases “carry the load”, may I just say that is exhausting?

So, in the silence… I ask and wait. Reading through the amazing poetry of Psalm 84, where I can discover the beautiful images of a mighty and faithful God.

“How lovely is your dwelling place, LORD Almighty!  My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she have her young—a place near your altar, LORD Almighty, my King and my God. 

Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you. Blessed are those whose strength is in you, whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.  As they pass through the Valley of Baka, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools.  They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.

Hear my prayer, LORD God Almighty; listen to me, God of Jacob.  Look on our shield. O God; look with favor on your anointed one.

Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.  For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. LORD Almighty, blessed is the one who trusts in you. ~Psalm 84

Thank You Father, that it is one day at a time, and gratitude for every moment within each day. In the noise of the day, and the conflict or memory and the unknown, Father, I ask You for the discernment of the Holy Spirit for my path and my decisions. I pray for wisdom and insight as I live according to Your perfect plan and purpose for my life. Lord, the vision I have had for my dream, all these years, has transformed, help me to hear Your steps before me, and give me the eyes to see what You have before me. Thank You Jesus for going to the Father on my behalf, and the delivery of the Holy Spirit to relay the desires so deep, I have yet to realize them. Amen.

 photo By kgcorbin found on Photobucket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me