Translate

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 444 of Giving Thanks

This is a trip different than I have ever taken before. There is no set agenda, no timetable and no deadlines.

How many times have I prepared for something, anything, made a list, planned every moment and sometimes even played it all out in my head? And, just like I planned it, is how it turned out… And, then at other times, there was not an inkling of my plan or preparation in it whatsoever. So, what does that mean?

It means that God is in control.

“In my heart I plan my course, but the LORD establishes my steps. ~Proverbs 16:9

As I prepare for my trip, I have made my list, I know how I will get from point A to point B, where I will stay, and where to get my internet connection while there. Other than that, on this trip I am having God expectations. I am expecting God to pave the way. I will see His will and wait on Him.

I am grateful for the expectation of living, and the idea of living out my life the way He intends – and I will plan and make my list, and be ok with it playing out whatever He deems perfect for His plans. 

1 comment:

  1. Aaaaamen!!! Can I please have just a fraction of your positive outlook?? Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me