Translate

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 456 of Giving Thanks

February 13th, Day 456 of Giving Thanks
When I tell a story, what are the important details? What should be relayed? Really, what is the purpose of sharing it to begin with? I am learning a lot on this    vacation – reconnecting with my family, but learning about myself as well. This past week I have listened much more than I have spoken – much of my family loves to tell stories, relay their message and share their opinions – so taking it all in, has been a nice thing.

A story has a beginning, middle and an end – and our life is a story with many stories strung all together creating our life’s story – movies within movies.  My ending is set, it is already determined according the promise of my King. I am excited about all of my stories, and the opportunity to see God’s story weaved throughout my life, and the opportunity to see God working through others in my life as well. I pray Lord that You help me step into all these stories in confidence and in Your presence.

“I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do no fear; I will help you.” ~Isaiah 41:13

Since He thought of me from the beginning, and every hair on my head is counted and accounted for, there is meaning to my story. I pray that I can hear the director tell me what to change, where to go next and what queues to I should look for, including where and how to step.

Did you know that attitude is completely contagious and accumulative? I notice that when I am walking around with a smile on my face, the more others smile all around me. Attitude can change everything. And how a story is told, can light up a mood or take down a heart. I am grateful that I can go to His word for hope and clarity.

“How sweet are your words to my taste, O Lord, sweeter than honey to my mouth.” ~Psalm 119:103

A friend once suggested that I look around my environment to see what things can be improved around me – and today, I recognize that I need to improve how I look at the way I process things in my mind. How I tell a story, as well as how I hear a story is so important, and keeping the God perspective on high alert.

The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.” ~ Isaiah 58:11

With all this in mind, I can start each day new and learn greatly from the moments of yesterday. Father, today, I thank You for the opportunity to tell my story through my actions – I thank You for all those who are involved in my story, those known and unknown – I thank You for all the events that teach me and all the circumstances that forge who You want me to be – I thank You for bringing me along, and helping me understand who You are and who I am with You.

“Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light.” ~Micah 7:8

2 comments:

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me