Translate

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 452 of Giving Thanks

Have you ever heard a great story that stays with you and you reflect on that story often? I have a few. I love that when I revisit a story, especially the word, it is like a brand new story and brand new message. Today, it was the story of Esther. Early this morning mom and I sat at her kitchen table and I read to her. To have an opportunity to share something new with my mom was a wonderful thing today.

“For the Jews there was light and gladness and joy and honor.” ~Esther 9:16

Faith in abundance, obedience with a full heart is what I thought about while we read and talked through the story again today. Recognizing the perfect arrangement of events, people and circumstances, and the faithfulness of the powerful God that pulls it all together gives so much hope.

“The plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of His heart through all generations.” ~Psalm 33:11

In my life I do not represent “a people” or serve “a king”; but I do represent “His people” and serve “the King” and that is an honor that overwhelms me and something that I love about my life. I love knowing that no matter where I am, I can show Christ in me, yet I cannot do that unless I count on the Holy Spirit wholly.  For me, faith breeds obedience – the closer I get to Him, the greater my desire to be like Him is.

“Light is shed upon the righteous and joy on the upright in heart. Rejoice in the Lord, you who are righteous, and praise His holy name.” Psalm 97:11-12

Seeing how Esther, who was an orphan became a queen; a woman who allowed God to use her through her obedience to save a nation – and it is my desire to be used and shine brightly for my King, and that He delight in what I do in obedience to Him. We are called to “Imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.” ~Hebrews 6:12

“The Lord takes delight in His people; He crowns the humble with salvation.” ~Psalm 149:4

(New International Version used for this study)



© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me