Translate

Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 457 of Giving Thanks

Today is the day of love, heart-shaped candy, decadent chocolate, roses and sometimes diamonds. On this day of sweethearts, I am miles away from mine. Although Chris is home and I am visiting family and will not celebrate today, we are going to have a Valentine date when I return – I am grateful that I do not need a specific holiday to celebrate the love in my life.


“The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.” ~1 Timothy 1:5

Appreciation comes through love. There is so much that I appreciate today, so much about my existence that I truly love. The fact that I am here, able to share, learn and grow in my faith is how God shows me love daily. I have received a gift sweeter than heart-shaped candy or even decadent chocolates, more beautiful and more fragrant than roses and a love that is stronger than diamonds – it is a gift that is given with love in mind.


“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Nearly thirteen years ago, I answered a “personals ad” – there was something in Chris’ ad about long walks, sitting by the fireplace and looking for his soul mate. Two out of three isn’t bad – he does love sitting by a roaring fire and I believe God placed us together for a mighty purpose. Now, the long walks, hmmm - someday. When we first met, I had it all; so I thought. Over the years a sincere appreciation of my life and the journey God has me on today is truly having it all.


“But because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved." Ephesians 2:4-5

My God provides love greater than anything and there is a comfort I now have in knowing that I live in the truth and for the truth. I have faith and hope like never before – and the love I know today is greater than I ever imagined.

God’s Love is… G.reater than life because it allows this O.rdinary woman to to have an extraordinary faith that is completely sanctioned through the love of a mighty God. It is a love that was D.etermined before the beginning of time, just for me; A love so perfect that a S.alvation plan is given so freely, in love. Today, I am L.iving proof of His O.verwhelming V.citory on the cross by living out an E.xtraordinary existence.


“My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ..." Colossians 2:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me