Translate

Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 464 of Giving Thanks

My vacation is officially over – It has been a wonderful seventeen days – I am grateful for the adventures. Not only was I able to meet some friends from Facebook, I reconnected with my family and had a long weekend with my husband at the end. I am a fortunate woman – a fortunate woman with decisions to make, and changes to embrace!

 “Great changes are easier than small ones.” ~Francis Bacon

I started my vacation without any real expectations – a time to reflect and rest was the only goal from the onset. And, vacation or not, it is always a time to reflect, and wait on the Lord for rest.

Resting in the Lord that as I embrace the future – I will not only change, but transform. With every failure I come through, I know that victory is already won. With every failure I come through, I know that He collects the tears and the smiles.  With every failure there is hope beyond measure.

          "And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." ~Matthew 18:3 (NIV) – I only have hope in the cross. I keep my eyes on the cross when the world appears in view. Blink to clear the world and with every tear, comes Christ... blinking often.

“The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, He will rejoice over you with singing."  ~Zephaniah 3:17

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.  ~2 Corinthians 4:16-18
 
Yes, I am a fortunate woman – and today, and every day, I see hope and light and joy in all things. Father, I am ready for my dream – it has changed – please reveal it for me. Father, I await to hear you whisper, to make my path clear.

“When the world says, "Give up," Hope whispers, "Try it one more time.”  ~Author Unknown
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me