Translate

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 459 of Giving Thanks

I am grateful for family – unpredictable, quirky and wonderful. I am the third child, there are seventeen years between my sister and I, and nineteen between my brother and I – I was truly the second wave. Although I am the baby in the family, I was raised alone, so have the affect of being an only child – independent, bold and I am very fortunate to have the best of both worlds. Although my siblings and I were not close when I grew up, I did have the opportunity to be close with a couple of my nieces and nephews.

My family is a gift from God – and today, I not only have the two families that God placed me with, but I have my family within the body of Christ – and I am grateful for my entire family.

This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.” ~ 1 John 4:10

I arrived into this world and today I am privileged to have my given family and that has a couple meanings for me – I was accepted into a family here on earth and the depth of love I have known through my life is an amazing testimony of my heavenly Father and His watch over my life. My birth family sacrificially gave me up, so I could have a better life and Jesus sacrificially gave His life so that I could live. I have amazing blessings in my life.

One of the amazing blessings I received this week was spending time with my niece, Robin. She is one of the most amazing women I know – and although we have lived distantly, we love and respect each other deeply. Robin and I were pregnant at the same time and both have beautiful twenty-one year old daughters; her family, however kept growing - she has a son, twenty and twins, who are fourteen, another son and daughter.

“The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in Him.” ~Nahum 1:7

I am grateful for Robin’s example of courage and strength – a fighter. Father, in the quiet of the night, and the wonder of Your presence I seek You and thank You for my family. Lord, I am grateful for the perfect position You have placed me in; I pray for Your wisdom in all things and in all circumstances; I desire that love and tenderness are present, and strength and courage are exampled through my life.

Gracious and merciful Jehovah Jirah, in Jesus name, I lift Robin up to You and boldly ask for healing, for the complete cleansing of her cells, renewal in her blood and organs and complete restoration of health. I pray Lord that she will truly know Your presence in her life, that with every waking moment and with every breath she can recognize Your touch in her life, and in the life of her family. I pray that they are comforted, as they confront the uncertainties before them. Gracious and perfect God, it is Your will and plan I covet and Your perfect purpose in all that we live through, and it is You, Jesus that I cling to in all the storms. In the precious blood of Jesus, I pray. Amen.

“When the storm has swept by, the wicked are gone, but the righteous stand firm forever.” ~Proverbs 10:25



No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me