Translate

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 455 of Giving Thanks

How many times did I stray from God? How many times did I dismiss His existence all together? Yet, in the depth of my heart, He tugged and prodded over the years. That is what I remembered as we dealt with a family matter this week. I admit that I was drawn in to the drama. And, with my thoughts of “where I once was”, I found hope for those in my family who are in that same place.

No matter how much training I have had, how much forgiveness I personally received, I was still willing to believe something without fully understanding the situation – or even giving benefit of doubt to that person. As I sit here going through it all in my mind, I realize how very fortunate I am. My faith has been a stabilizing force this week.

I am grateful that when in doubt, I have learned to seek God’s assistance. That in the quiet of the night, when I ask Him to speak to me, confirm or correct, He does. Grace given is much harder to do than the grace we are given. And even though I mess up, He still loves me; and that is true yesterday, today and tomorrow.

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. ~1 Corinthians 13:4-7

It is because of love that we receive His grace. It was because of His love for us – yesterday, today and tomorrow – that His plan was so perfectly executed for me and for all of us. It is love that God gives us so freely.

So, as I reflect again on what is next, in our family matter, I am reminded that love is the most important part of executing my life. I realize in times when I seek Him more that He truly desires me to seek Him more. And, my life should represent that truth at all times.

“For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.” ~1 Corinthians 13:12-13

Today as I sit with God, I continue to ask Him to strengthen my faith – not just where I am with Him, but His work in those I love so much. I thank Him for the hope that I receive from remembering where I was for those I love. And, I am humbled by the love and tenderness I know daily.

“We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, because we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love you have for all God’s people—the faith and love that spring from the hope stored up for you in heaven and about which you have already heard in the true message of the gospel that has come to you. In the same way, the gospel is bearing fruit and growing throughout the whole world—just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it and truly understood God’s grace.”~Colossians 1:3-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me