Translate

Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 447 of Giving Thanks- Sue King

-->

Day 447 of Giving Thanks – by Sue King

Dancing with my King….

 Let them praise his name with dancing
   and make music to him with timbrel and harp.
 For the LORD takes delight in his people; (Psalm 149: 3-4)

I danced a slow dance with Him last night. A beautiful dance of sweet promise. He lead me so surely through worship with words of tender encouragement and love until I had left the cares of the day behind and entered into the most complete fullness of expectancy. He stood, as He always does, waiting patiently for me to reach the place where there is only He and I- where the world ceases to exist. The cares gone. The pressures of living life as spirit in a physical world- gone. Awareness of physical senses tuned to the spirit…spirit senses in overdrive.

 Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth—
   for your love is more delightful than wine.
 Pleasing is the fragrance of your perfumes;
   your name is like perfume poured out. (Song of Solomon 1:2-3)

Just He and I. My King  and I…nothing else. I breathed Him in like incense. Blushed before His gaze. Stood in awe that my King would care to dance this beautiful duet with me on this night. I felt His love descend on me like a royal robe of velvet- warm and lush and rich in depth and breadth and height. We danced in perfect unison…Him guiding with such gentle persuasion. Pausing when I needed to catch my breath or take an unfamiliar step. Waiting for me to draw near to Him fully again before the next breathtaking spin. Consumed by Him and with Him.

Dancing with my King. Sometimes it is a spirited Tango. Sometimes it is a smooth waltz. Often a dance of fire. Sometimes He dances solo when I am unable to reach Him. When I am unable to fully surrender and leave the cares of this world behind. Sometimes I dance alone when He needs to see that I am able to waltz on faith alone. Sometimes I think He takes pleasure in watching His daughter dance to the music in memory of a previous time together.

Dancing with my King. Breathtaking. So intimately consuming.
Where surrender and grace meet.

“Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.” (John 4:23)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me