Translate

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 465 of Giving Thanks

I am warning you all that I will speak my mind – often, my filter is not politically correct, but is a God filter. I am grateful that God has truly revealed His truth through my life. I have come to know many things over the past few years, and what I know is that truth is truth – God is God – and He plants faith deep within my heart – and Jesus will reap the harvest when appropriate.

My truth is:

My heart, His plan.
My day, His life.
My choice, His gift.
My acceptance, His abundant grace!


I am noticing a lot of “believers” who just cannot take a stand up or speak out – it breaks my heart. Friends we cannot be afraid to stand up for things that are right, or speak out against what is wrong. Jesus took the persecution for us, and received the punishment - our reward will be when we enter into heaven... Lukewarm is unacceptable, we must depend on the Holy Spirit – that is the fire that Jesus sparked so greatly the day I realized how much I needed His gift. I am grateful to breathe in the fire.


I know you inside and out, and find little to my liking. You're not cold, you're not hot—far better to be either cold or hot! You're stale. You're stagnant. You make me want to vomit. You brag, 'I'm rich, I've got it made, I need nothing from anyone,' oblivious that in fact you're a pitiful, blind beggar, threadbare and homeless.” ~ Revelation 3:15-17 (The Message)


Did you ever wonder what you would have done if you were there when they crucified our God? What I know is that I cannot do anything without His guidance, and until we know Him, we are deceived easily - without the Holy Spirit I, more than likely, would have gone along with all the others.... "Crucify Him". I am wise only with the power and indwelling of the Holy Spirit. I am grateful that I will never know what I would have done – but I am humbled greatly that I probably already know the answer.


“But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will REMIND you of everything I have said to you.” ~John 14:26

Dwell in Him! And, be overwhelmed with God so I can start living out my purpose.

So stay alert. Don't for a minute forget the covenant which God, my God, made with me. And don't take up with any carved images, no forms of any kind—God, my God, issued clear commands on that. God, my God, is not to be trifled with—He's a consuming fire, a jealous God.” ~ Deuteronomy 4:23-24 (The Message)

Yes, today I am on-fire for God. My thoughts are constantly on God; and what Jesus did for me. But this is our time, the disciples spent three years – every waking and sleeping moment in the presence of Jesus, yet when Jesus was taken, they hid and left Him - thinking it was all over – that “He was a great teacher,” despite the fact that they “knew” who He was. It wasn't until they had proof and the Holy Spirit came down that their conversion truly happened, up to that point they were students. I don’t want to be lukewarm to be just a student, I want to live for Christ.

I have come to cast fire upon the earth, and how I wish that it were already kindled!" ~ Luke 12:49


Lord, help me with my unbelief... Lord, show me your wounds...


I am humbled by God's work in me daily, and how much the Holy Spirit feeds me. I could not do this without that. I am so grateful that I do not have to answer the question, “What if I were there when they crucified my God”.

“But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” ~2 Corinthians 12:9


I am grateful that His grace is sufficient and that we have the steady power of the Holy Spirit in us, just as Jesus did.


“Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news about him spread through the whole countryside." ~Luke 14:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me