Translate

Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 470 of Giving Thanks

This morning I sat quietly contemplating God’s purpose in my life – which, by the way, is something I am pondering quite a bit lately – and in my silence, I heard nothing. I have been here before.

I am grateful that my God is faithful and no matter how I “feel”, His plans for me are already set, I am just waiting to see where He places me, and how He prepares me. Isn’t that reassuring?

As the list of things to do gets longer at work, I seek Him more – for comfort – for guidance – for clarity – 
God speaks in many ways:
God speaks through His Word
God speaks through our thoughts
God speaks through conversations with others
God speaks through circumstances
God speaks differently at different times in our life

Father, as I go through my days this week time appears to be passing by very quickly, yet, it feels, at times much of my life stands still – help me hear Your desires for my steps and see Your blueprint for my life.

“To stand still is to lose – To move is to gain – To change is to grow.” ~Author Unknown

Today, through the frustration or fascination with where I am – I tell myself once again, that I am in pursuit of truth, clarity and significance, and with that is the journey. I already know that my eternal future is set, because of a wonderful and beautiful choice I made to accept the amazing gift from Jesus. Now, I pray that the decisions I have to make moving forward, will be wonderful and beautiful and will glorify my amazing God in the process.

"When my heart was grieved and my spirit embittered, I was senseless and ignorant; I was a brute beast before you. Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.
Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." ~Psalm 73:21-26 (NIV)

So, in this time when I do not hear You, I will be still more often, listen more intently and pay closer attention to the details of my life. I will be thankful for the silence, as it gives me more time to know You, to learn Your ways and discover, discover, discover! I will be thankful that I can share what I have heard so far, and glorify You by doing my best as I wait for Your best for me.

“Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.” ~John 14:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me