Translate

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 471 of Giving Thanks

God I trust You” was all that I could mutter this morning. For over a week, I have been requesting God’s presence through many moments of my days. From waking up and reaching for Him to pull me up and out of bed, through moments of too much demand on me throughout the day – to my pleading, “less of me Lord, all of You” to get it done – then finally dropping breathlessly into slumber every night.

“The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom’s voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete. He must become greater; I must become less.

The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth, and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all.” ~John 3:29-31

I am grateful Lord, that You know where I am, when I do not, especially today. I am grateful Lord, that You know my state of mind, my state of heart and state of intention before I can even realize what my “state” is.

How fortunate that the power of God through the Holy Spirit is translated perfectly into my life – and revealed at the precise moment perfect for me – God’s perfect timing. To hear His voice…

Embrace hope.
A path to your healing will appear.
A door to His will for your life will open.
Your understanding will increase and He will use you more.
You will get up and walk.
You will see clearly.
You will hear His call.
You will know your purpose.
He is everything for you, and when you open up, you will know.


Help me trust me with You.” were my words over and over today, as I scraped through the tasks at hand. And, through even the most arduous labors today, my day was sprinkled with words from God, music and thoughts running through my mind in words and visions. I am grateful that I have a choice of what goes in, what stays in and what is deleted from my mind. That is an awesome gift – choice.

My choice to be the living recommendation for life with God. That no matter what my circumstances are, my situation is (good or bad, easy or difficult), that my life is the ministry of attraction – attracting those around me to life with Christ – this I did not do well today. Even through praying and requesting His peace and relief, despair was allowed to settle into that moment – when I could, finally verbalize what happened this week – and God shined His light greatly – through my sobbing, the phone rang – and relief arrived! Prayer was received, God showed himself through a friend. He showed Himself through my ability to realize composure and accomplishment at the end of a very long day.

“Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? Or do we need, like some people, letters of recommendation to you or from you? You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everyone. You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

Such confidence we have through Christ before God. Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God.” ~Corinthians 3:2-5

As I finished for the day, I thought of all the years I sat in front of a mirror to make phone calls. To put on that smile, so not only my face smiled, but my voice smiled. And, I smiled – inside and out.

‎Smile, God is with you.
Smile, others are watching you.
Smile, it will make you feel better.
Smile in front of a mirror -
...and you will begin to laugh, and it may be exactly what you needed.



© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta                        
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/ 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Giving-Thanks-Daily/290738571406

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me