Translate

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 501 of Giving Thanks

I am the world’s deepest sleeper, really! I have a witness. My husband tells everyone that I could sleep through anything. And, most mornings I awake from a deep sleep right before my alarm goes off –there are occasional days, when the cat walks all over me, so a much different experience… not a story for today.

In that moment, when deep sleep and dream-like awake are the equal – I am aware that it is the beginning of a new day – that I have an opportunity to start another new day. I wonder if that is the feeling or sensation, I will feel in that moment, when my life here will seamlessly move into my eternity in heaven. What a thought. Will there be a “moment” when pain becomes bliss, or heartache becomes heart-felt wonder of all before me? Will I be aware of a brand-new beginning? Will I sense that it is home immediately?

But, that day is not here yet for me, so as I live today, I request of my Lord, “Hide me in You Lord. Expose in me You greatly to the world.” Father, let me always remember what it took for me to have assurance, and daily reassurance of my fate, through faith in You. Remind me that I am not alone when I step into the world, into my daily life – Remind me to step into Your presence, and visit and revisit it often – Remind me to step into Your word.


“I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.” ~Isaiah 61:10

This very moment, I am standing with the arms of a savior firmly holding me. And, oh so, grateful for the mighty power of the Holy Spirit today, and every day.

Today, as I stepped into my day, I knew that being grace-full would be necessary. As I first stepped into my routine, I “felt” that oh so familiar desire to complain and to focus on things that do not enhance my moments, but engage the enemy. It was time to disengage from those “feelings”, and engage in His word and dwell in what He did for me. Psalm 119:50 says, "My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life."

Remove the pain, and replenish with the hope of the word and His promises.


“Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. I have taken an oath and confirmed it, that I will follow your righteous laws. I have suffered much; preserve my life, LORD, according to your word. Accept, LORD, the willing praise of my mouth, and teach me your laws.” ~Psalm 119:105-108

Grace has been given for the most unforgivable acts of my life yet, He forgave and took the punishment for those acts. Wow - that is love. It is time to be grace-full, and He overflowed my life with His grace. Let me wholly know His will, His ways and His desires for me in the here and now.

Your Love, O’Lord, is a…

Love that is indescribable.
Love that is undeserving.
Love that is unmatchable.
Love that is timely.
Love that is perfect.
Love that is freely given, but came with the ultimate price.

Through my moments in my life, I am trusting I am already captured - and just waiting for that moment when my life here will seamlessly move into my eternity in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me