Translate

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 479 of Giving Thanks

I expect God to do great things in me. I expect a great life. I expect to change.


Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power.” ~Ephesians 6:10

I am grateful that I know that change is necessary and I am so thankful for the way God has decided to relay truth to me, and share insights into my life. I am grateful that God is greatly using my gifts on this journey – having the ability to discern and see things differently is such a great gift, and I love to share them with others. My total obsession is to find ways to attract people to the person I am through God and with God. And, the only way to do that is to know Him and see the world and people through His eyes. My obsession, for sure.

"But you, Israel, are my servant. You're Jacob, my first choice, descendants of my good friend Abraham. I pulled you in from all over the world, called you in from every dark corner of the earth, Telling you, 'You're my servant, serving on my side. I've picked you. I haven't dropped you.' Don't panic. I'm with you. There's no need to fear for I'm your God. I'll give you strength. I'll help you.I'll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you." ~Isaiah 41:8-10 (The Message)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Your voice I seek.
Soft whispers I detect.
Toward silence I dwell.
Your voice O' God.
I hear it now.
In my soul is peace.
In my heart I rejoice.
In my mind triumph.
Just so much hope in You.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It has truly been a week if thickening of the skin, keeping my head up and completely submitting to hearing what God has for me. In the process of submitting, I am learning to listen more, sit quietly much more often, pay attention to my surroundings and to watch out for what He wants me to see. Many times this week, my eyes were closed tightly – and after a few days of doing things my way, I knew it was time to open wide to His ways.

The advice that came again yesterday was to “Put the armor of God, Shawn” – putting on that armor and making decisions daily in "the knowing" that I am protected and sheltered and tenderly loved. Allowing the grace to flow even when I forget to put on the armor, along with removing what I am concerned with; and remembering to turn to the needs of others, and the care of others, because I am already take care of.

Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.” ~Ephesians 6:11-17

So, after visually putting on my armor this morning, sitting once again, listening to the things that bring me into God’s presence. I am grateful that God’s presence is always here - He waits - it is truly up to me to step in. Thank You Father that You are so readily available.
  • Let my eyes see what is You.
  • Let my ears hear what is You.
  • Let my senses know what is You.
  • Let my heart dwell in what is You.
  • Let my soul rejoice in what is You.
He planned, executed and gave it all for me. He resides in me through the power of the Holy Spirit, soooo -
I
AM
NEVER
ALONE.

Now that is true love.

“Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.” ~Psalm 143:10

In my obsessive moments, I love to pray – prayer for me is so uplifting and time literally stands still in those moments. I can, however get overwhelmed with my inability to remember everything and everyone to pray for, but I am certain that all I have to do is go to God, through the Holy Spirit and say, "Father, you know all those people I met, ran into, etc.", and the Holy Spirit will take over. In Jesus name. Amen.

Oh, Lord, how there is so much to pray for... it truly is a very good thing that my God is bigger than all the need.

“And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.” ~Ephesians 6:18-20

Keep teaching me Father, while helping me become equipped for Your tasks… help me to understand my circumstances as I go through them, if not in the moment, in its entirety.

Every word you give me is a miracle word—how could I help but obey? Break open your words, let the light shine out, let ordinary people see the meaning. Mouth open and panting, I wanted your commands more than anything. Turn my way, look kindly on me, you always do to those who personally love you. Steady my steps with your Word of promise so nothing malign gets the better of me. Rescue me from the grip of bad men and women so I can live life your way. Smile on me, your servant; teach me the right way to live. I cry rivers of tears because nobody's living by your book!” ~Psalm 119:129-136 (Msg)

I expect God to do great things in me. I expect a great life. I expect to change.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me