Translate

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 489 of Giving Thanks

‎Just thinking about how much God loves me today; so much so that my life is important and valid enough that He is intimately involved with even the simplest of details. There are details of my life I will never be aware of, and details I feel are simple, that God holds dear. Today, I am grateful for all the details.

"But now, God's Message, the God who made you in the first place, Jacob, the One who got you started, Israel: "Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you. I've called your name. You're mine. When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you. When you're in rough waters, you will not go down. When you're between a rock and a hard place, it won't be a dead end—Because I am God, your personal God, The Holy of Israel, your Savior. I paid a huge price for you: all of Egypt, with rich Cush and Seba thrown in! That's how much you mean to me! That's how much I love you! I'd sell off the whole world to get you back, trade the creation just for you.” ~Isaiah 43:1-4 (The Message)

P A S S I O N
we must all have it....

P.ersistent faith
A.bounding grace
S.aving knowledge
S.overeign God
I.nfinite wisdom
O.verwhelming love
N.ever ending God

‎"I am putty in Your hands... "
me to God.

Looking back on the week, I realize it could have turned out so differently. I started out complaining and getting sucked into my circumstances – and toward the end of the week, God sucked me into what I am supposed to do. I stopped, reflected and remembered all that He did. All that He did, the details. The realization that we/I would need a savior; knowing that only He could be that savior; devising and executing that intricately engineered plan for us/me. Yes, I am grateful for all the details.

I am wonderfully made –
“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

How precious to me are your thoughts,[a] God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand— when I awake, I am still with you.” ~Psalm 139:13-18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me