Translate

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 487 of Giving Thanks

Absolute overload – my senses, my body, my days, my life…

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” ~Matthew 11:28-30

When I was a kid I often heard my mom and dad say, “just sit still”, “quit fidgeting”. Well, not much has changed and it is about forty years later. I have spent my life, learning and re-learning how to “just sit still” and “quit fidgeting”.

As I ponder these two words, or three words conjunctively, I am amazed that the simple word “search” came to mind as I finally sat quietly tonight.

Absolute overload - so, with this description so readily on my tongue, and so many things “feeling” this way, how can I look at this differently? How can I start changing how I think about “feelings” that pop into my head and cloud my vision of what is real?

I break it down, I re-define, refine and focus on looking at what’s going on around me differently, and change my perspective – and ultimately my life.

I am grateful for dictionary.com, and God’s quiet nudging to expand and change my thought pattern on this one.

Absolute - free from imperfection; complete; perfect; something that is free from any restriction or condition; something that is independent of some or all relations; something that is perfect or complete.

Over – preposition - above in authority, rank, power, etc., so as to govern, control, or have jurisdiction; so as to rest on or cover; on or upon; reaching higher than, so as to submerge:
Adverb - beyond the top or upper surface or edge of something; so as to cover the surface, or affect the whole surface; from beginning to end; once more: adjective - upper; higher up; higher in authority; serving, or intended to serve, as an outer covering; remaining or additional, surplus, extra.

Load – to supply abundantly, lavishly, or excessively with something.

“A psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.” -Psalm 23:1-3

I am grateful to see things new, and to be refreshed with this approach.

“The law of the LORD is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple.” ~Psalm 19:7

Thank you Father for instructing me to “just sit still” and “quit fidgeting” tonight.

So, Lord, it is You that is my “absolute overload”, my God, “free from imperfection; complete; perfect”, who is “my higher authority, my perfect covering, my beginning to end” who loves me so much, that I am “supplied abundantly, lavishly, and excessively with everything”.

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.” ~James 1:17

So, I am grateful today to be absolutely overloaded with an amazing and perfect God.

"He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he." ~Deuteronomy 32:4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me