Translate

Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 477 of Giving Thanks

I have written an average of 620 words a day for 476 days, that’s 295,120 words – words to describe what I am grateful for and to share the lessons and hope I have received over the last sixteen months.

Of all the words I used through all these days, and with all the hope that these pages have displayed - there are three words that relay my life wholly, "Favored by God".

“I am worth the endless love of a mighty God...” ~God in me.

The word “gratitude” cannot even come close to what I feel about all that I have learned – my thoughts, my dreams, my hopes and my desires have transformed. We use words to describe things, and God gave us His word to share His promises with us, to share His purpose for us, to share His dreams and desires for us – He gives us His word to share.

Yearning for His presence has become a moment-to-moment quest – finding a quiet corner, a bowed head, shutting the door or even a walk around the parking lot – that is all it takes to bring me from this world to heaven.

  • It is in His presence that I am most alive.
  • It is in the still, that I feel most moved.
  • It is moving me greatly toward life with Him.

I am grateful for this lesson and this word of truth: I am to sing my praises out loud and at the top of my voice - for the enemy to hear every wonderful and beautiful word of a grateful and joyful heart.

In silence, in the power of the Holy Spirit's leading to our mighty God and in Jesus name bring all my fears and anguish and pain in prayer - God is faithful and perfect in the dealings of our hearts – let it be spoken only between you and Him.

Learning this one... The more I complain, the more I have to complain about... Focusing on eliminating satan from my circle of influence - because he really wants to be there right in the middle, adding gas to the flame, anxiety to the circumstance and negative responses from others... I know that as long as I keep allowing my anxiety to be spoken; they will not go away. But if I speak of the joy and triumph in my life, they will be rewarded with more joy and triumphs.

“For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” ~Ephesians 2:10 (NLT)

So I will…

Today, I will settle in.
Today, I will be still.
Today, I will listen intently.
Today, I will call to Him.
Today, I will hear His words.
Today, I will do this often.
Today, I will learn to recognize His voice.

‎"Be joyful always, pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is god's will for you in Christ Jesus." If you live like this, the rewards are tremendous." ~1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

See His glory all around me, and I am comforted through my circumstance. Know that He's got me completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me