Translate

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 473 of Giving Thanks

It has been a heavy writing week, or do I mean hectic? Either way, it has been a God week, a learning week and a revealing week. With stress, emotional or physical, I tend to get wound pretty tight – most of the time, it is a pretty slight change outwardly, although there are cyclones going on inside. This week, it was almost the reverse affect. As my circumstances swirled around me, I was calm on the inside – I seemed to release some of what I had stored up – good or bad, it was what it was.

So, as I end a work week, with deadlines approaching and my list still growing daily, good or bad, it is what it is. And, it is in control as long as I hand it over to the one who can handle it all – that is being content. When I am in the middle of something, a circumstance that is not comfortable or appealing, I still know it is all going to work out according to His plan – even if I mess up in the process – His desired outcome will be realized.

“But God's not finished. He's waiting around to be gracious to you. He's gathering strength to show mercy to you. God takes the time to do everything right—everything.

Those who wait around for him are the lucky ones.” ~Isaiah 30:18 (The Message)

The thought came to mind tonight as I was praying about some of the swirlings, “wade or wait?” Do I wade through what is going through my thoughts, some reality, some perception or my interpretation within my own thoughts? Do I simply wait?

I wait, after confirmation from prayer, and a friend’s note, I wait!

For the director of music. A psalm of David.

“In you, Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness.

Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me.

Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me.” Psalm 31:1-3

Lord, I want to thank You for showing Yourself so greatly in my life. For allowing me to mess up, make decisions that alter what You had in mind and comfort me anyway. Thank You for giving me peace when appropriate and the desire to move and not be complacent in my life. Father through all the turmoil of life, and the confusion this flesh so readily gives, I pray for Your strength in moments of weakness. I pray for wisdom, as my mind shuts down. I pray for grace as I error. I pray for Your mercy as I confront my fears and circumstance. Thank You for Your answers and confirmation. Give me reassurance as I wait, and as I want to move restrain my will. Help me to be in Your perfect will, today and as I wake. In the mighty name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.

“Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our “God is a consuming fire.”~Hebrews 12:28-29 (NIV)

I am grateful that with God, there is no good or bad, it is all good, and it is what it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me