Translate

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 472 of Giving Thanks

Jesus lived, suffered, died and rose for me. The real question is “what is my response to that?”

Jesus Lives
He arrived naked and as a baby.
He lived to give an example.
He suffered and shed His blood.
He died.
He came up from the tomb, and walked and ministered.
He offers a gift, free and ready for me.
He offered, I accepted.

Thank You Jesus.

He did all that, and yet yesterday, He comforted me.

I am often baffled by the life’s stuff – I am baffled that I still allow life’s circumstances to affect me like I do… I realize that my circumstances are momentary snapshots in eternity, and that this or these flickers will not be present in my future. I will know none of this. Now that is something to look forward to, and to be thankful about. So, again, I ask, “what is my response to that?”

Faith in Action

“Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. This is what the ancients were commended for.

By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.” ~Hebrews 11:1-3

I know that God is with me, even when I can’t see Him, hear Him or feel His presence – and in the moments when life overwhelms, I pray immediately for a lifting and that I become overwhelmed with God’s presence.

And, my days are part of His great plan.
And, my days are His.
And, my days are set.
And, my days have purpose.
And, I am significant in His eyes.
And, I am part of His great plan.
And, I am His.




Wonderful and perfect God, It is through my fear Lord that the enemy tries to take hold and it is through our minds and our thoughts that He attacks, but he cannot hear my thoughts - and it is when I fix my thoughts on You that he is left in the dark. I thank You mighty Father that I have that sanctuary to come to You and speak and plead. Today, as I prayed for others and lifted them to You, I felt the need to pray for myself the same words, and seek the same request. I pray for comfort in my circumstances. I pray that I always know that You are near and in control. Father I seek You constantly, and continue to know that You have me. Gracious and merciful God, please give me the confidence in decisions to come, and situations to walk through. Lord, go before me with all those I come in contact with and prepare the way perfectly. Remove the fear and anxiety and give me strength through Your beautiful presence. In the mighty blood of Jesus, and with the help and guidance of the Holy Spirit I give all of this Abba to You. Amen.

“By faith the people passed through the Red Sea as on dry land; but when the Egyptians tried to do so, they were drowned.

By faith the walls of Jericho fell, after the army had marched around them for seven days.” ~Hebrews 11:29-30

By faith, I continue through my moments on this journey. By faith, I am in God’s tender care. By faith, He reveals His purpose for me. By faith, I am healed. By faith, there is hope beyond measure.



Stumble Fall, by Anna Weatherup was playing in the background quite a bit today. Be blessed with this amazing song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJNS9GZJ9zw (Thank you Anna and than you Christi for those heart stopping words.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me