Translate

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 478 of Giving Thanks

Sitting here in a moment of worship - melting into the melody and picturing light, so much light.

Thank You Father for these moments between all the hours or my day.

The moments when prayer and my desire to worship was needed, today were more than the moments that I did not – and for that reason, I am so grateful for those moments. I am grateful to know that I have prayer. I am so fortunate to have a mighty power right before me, and beside me – and that power also goes before me in every part of my day.

This part of my journey is so much different than I expected. And, I am learning that my expectations are not always what is best for me –
My God amazes me every day. And, it is comforting, in the moments when I need Him more urgently to realize that I should expect amazing things because of who He is and what He has designed me for.

I can expect God to work in my life. I can expect things to move in the direction toward my unique purpose. I can praise every step of the way, for they are known by the creator of heaven and earth.

“Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” ~Philipians 4:4-7

The Lord has given me the ability to share my trials as triumphs and I am grateful. And, in the process, He has healed many things as He continues to reveal His greatness and promises along this journey.

Every day as I embark on my day, I will ask myself, "am I living my life with fleshly responses? Or, am I allowing the Holy Spirit within me to dictate and guide my actions? To answer the direction? To fulfill my purpose through the power of a perfect and mighty God in me, is His will....

Wow, now that's the perfect cup of coffee with unlimited refills.

When We Wake Up
When we wake up, He is there, just waiting to encourage you - but you do have an action, pick up His word, so He can speak.

When we open up, He is there, ready to touch and warm you - but you have to have an action, ask Him, so He can reach you.

When we reach up, He is there, waiting to grab your hand - but you have to have an action, lift your hand, so He can grab a hold of you.

Sitting here in a moment of worship (again) - melting into the melody and picturing light, so much light.

Thank You Father for these moments between all the hours of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me