Translate

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 483 of Giving Thanks

Every day of my life I am required to make choices – it can be a little choice or it can be a huge choice – and sometimes it is the smallest choices that change everything forever.

“We plan – and God steps in with another plan for us and He is all-wide and the most loving friend we have always helped us.” ~Nettie Fowler McCormick

“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”” ~Isaiah 30:21

A choice is C.hanging the direction that I am currently on or staying on course (it truly is as easy as that) – each direction is a choice; today, I trust the H.oly Spirit to guide and to be there at every turn as I make these choices. Often it is a choice out of O.bedience and love; through this obedience, my I.dentity in C.hrist is being secured and I am greatly E.ncouraged that the right choices are becoming easier to make.

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” ~Proverbs 3:5-6
The best choice and the greatest changes are yet to come. I am excited. I am encouraged. I am expectant.

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” ~Romans 8:28

My job is to make choices that are in alignment with God’s word and His word for me. I am grateful that He is on my side, that when my choice may be a degree off, He straightens out my path and is with me in the process – what an amazing assurance to go through life with. What an amazing comfort to know that I am always in His perfect care.

“The LORD makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand.” ~Psalm 37:23-24
"But you, dear friends, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life." ~Jude1:20-21

"For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end.” ~Psalm 48:14


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me