Translate

Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 495 of Giving Thanks

When I look back at this year, the “time”, I see miracle after miracle; I also recognize the times, when God was leading, but I wasn’t following His lead very well – yet, He has blessed my life amazingly. Tomorrow is my forty-sixth birthday, and the gifts I have received are truly priceless and timeless. What an awesome builder my God is.


"Time heals almost everything. Give time - time." ~Ron Mcintyre

I so agree, time, does heal, because God gives us time and we have the "choice" to heal or to turn from healing.

Healing – in a way that I never dreamed possible; healing in my heart on many levels – and it is only getting better every day and with every challenge.

And, God is the ultimate healer, my mighty and perfect physician... I am allowing His hand upon me. There is a new me in the mirror; a me that sees hope in challenge – and this has been a year of challenge, change and restoration.

“‘But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,’ declares the LORD, ‘because you are called an outcast, Zion for whom no one cares.’” ~Jeremiah 30:17

There have been many times this year, that I have cried out and wondered “why”; and in the engaging in my life, God met me, encouraged me, lifted me, said ‘no’, said ‘yes’, surprised me, led me, showed me, prompted me and held me to a higher standard.

I have prayed, “Let me be done. Let ‘this or that’ be removed. Let the challenges just stop. Let me quit. Let it be different…” – but today, this renewed me, wiser me, called me, knows that it is because I have a purpose that will require toughness, that it is tough at times! How do I know – because He is not done with me yet.

The wounds are truly so many, and I read, "Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize the strength, move on." ~Henry Rollins

Add a cold on top of what I am already dealing with, and this week has been a physical challenge – work, home and giving it to God all along the way has been my action – and I have sustained, not gotten any worse, but running through the process. As I got up to head to work today, my husband said this morning, "You are one tough lady, God must have given you something to endure all this and me."

Is he starting to see that my strength and endurance is completely supernatural? I have a wonderful husband, and a mighty God who continues to work in our lives. I strongly believe "time heals" everything, when I listen to Him, and allow it all to work in His perfect timing.


“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power.” ~Ephesians 6:10

Forgiveness – toward people, events; and a true softening of my heart has been an enormous part of healing. For me, giving grace with others is much easier than grace for myself. PRAISE, as God has removed many feelings of hurt and pain and I have been able to move on in many areas.


“Understanding is the reward of faith. Therefore seek not understanding that thou mayest believe, but believe that though mayest understand.” St. Augustine (c.416)

It is because He commanded me to “do”, not for salvation, but for my own good. And that takes obedience.

Obedience – when doing what I want or what is comfortable was much more appealing. And, I am changed, because He gave me the many gifts, the best of which is freedom in Him, protection at its best and favor throughout this journey.


“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.” ~Matthew 7:24-25


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me