Translate

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 494 of Giving Thanks - Tina Wetor

What am I grateful today?
God is in control of my life even during chaotic moments. By personality, I have to plan my day out; otherwise I will be completely overwhelmed. My personal day planner is filled with work schedules, children’s activities, church events and personal necessities. Organization has always been my strength until I forget to update my planner. Life needs organization to bring direction, clarity and peace.

Although a major side effect is turning into a control freak or life can become ordinary. The idea of life being completely detailed and organized can seem like a fantasy as a married woman, with three children.

Children don’t always understand the importance of organization due to the famous words, “It’s due tomorrow.” My children’s plans don’t work with my planner; so sometimes the planner goes out the door.

After picking up the boys from school, my son’s advised “Mom, we have science projects due tomorrow.” Besides the time-crunch, I still have to pick up my daughter from drama practice, make dinner and pick up ink for the printer. All of activities must be complete in two hours so we can attend the prayer service at church.

Gratefully, my computer just arrived back home after being gone for several weeks for a repair, so I could type their reports. Oh’ what’s for dinner? No time to cook dinner, we must either pick up something or pizza rolls. Finally, the frustration mounts to the point of losing my temper, so my husband and I get into an argument. Where’s the Tylenol? No matter what, I couldn’t fix all of these activities before prayer service. So, we unfortunately missed the prayer service, I am ashamed to admit.

Does this sound like the Proverbs 31 wife? Well, I admit during these chaotic events, I didn’t feel I measured up at all. As bedtime approached, I laid my head upon my pillow with only one thought, “God is in control even if I have chaotic moments”. His affection towards me doesn’t leave because I didn’t make the prayer meeting. Although, it’s the only one I have missed. His Word didn’t change towards me; it’s still my comfort and assurance of life.

My God spoke the world into existence with just His words. Still what I cherish the most, I exist so He will dwell in me. He isn’t far from me, He is always with me. He will not leave me, fail me, or forsake me. I am the apple of His eye, God delights in me! My Shepherd is all I will ever need; I will never be in want. His love is sweeter than honey, it satisfies my soul.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tina is a regular writer for Giving Thanks Daily, and brings so much charm and character to her stories. And, I do believe, after all, she truly is a Proverbs 31 woman.

“She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.
She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:
“Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.”
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.” ~Proverbs 31:25-31

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me