Translate

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 485 of Giving Thanks

I gave heaps of glory for God as He woke me up today on time... After another sleepless night and my best sleep was between 3AM and 7AM, I had the greatest time with God all around those hours... Thank You God for giving me comfort and company last night.

Oh what a wonderful thought, honesty - liberation like nothing before. Lord, help me to be honest with myself and to see myself through Your eyes. There was a huge desire today to respond badly, shut down and just quit. I settled in, turned on some worship music and made a choice – A choice to respond to a bad situation, the right way – so I shut down the bad attitude and quit whining.

The music and the indwelling truly is what got me though the day. Father, bring me into Your presence... grab hold of me God. As the flesh is resisting to be comforted and my true feelings surface – I can’t see clear. Loose the fear and anxiety and help me to know Your grace this moment, Your mercy in this plight and Your tenderness greatly. Bring me deeply into a state of You.

“Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.” ~Colossians 3:12

my speed, "Will I ever arrive?"
God's speed, "Always perfect timing!"
my speed with God, "Awe! Resting in that one."

I am grateful for the reminder to pray and settle in to God’s presence. I neglected to put on my armor today, but know that He’s still got me’. Lord – keep me protected, safe and harboring You and nothing else.

We are adults right? So let’s quit whining about all that is wrong in our lives and grab onto what is right. What is right is all that is God. What is right is all that is not wrong. Which should be a majority of our lives, we just need to switch the focus...

By the way, I am totally speaking to myself first and foremost here, thought I would share, just in case there are any other "real" people out there...

I have been reminded to pray so often over the past year, and for this I am very grateful. I get to connect with my God; fully exposed and wholly His. It is an amazing and glorious time.

“And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.” ~Ephesians 6:18-20

Friends, we must remember:
He knows all.
You have questions, ask the expert for guidance.
He is all.
You need strength, request it from the source of all strength.



“Peace to the brothers and sisters, and love with faith from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Grace to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with an undying love.” ~Ephesians 6:23-24

1 comment:

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me