Translate

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 493 of Giving Thanks


“… he who plows should plow in hope, and he who threshes in hope should be a partaker of his hope.” ~1 Corinthians 9:10

Today I look forward, press in to my future knowing I have a mighty God. He's completely got me. No matter how I “feel” or what I “perceive”, everything is covered...


“Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD.” ~Psalm 31:24

Hope forward” is how I will live. “Hope forward” is how I will pray. “Hope forward” is how I will expect.


“And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.” ~Ephesians 6:18

I am expectant of many things. And, as I live, I will learn what God’s purpose is for me and lean completely on Him for understanding, while I trust His instruction and direction.


“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;” Proverbs 3:5

I am expectant of God’s favor and mercy regarding my family, yet I still pray for them; without ceasing I pray for those who have yet to know my God. My prayers are for changed hearts and the desire for God. We must always pray, and we must always start with praise of our Father in heaven and all He is, all He has done and all He is in us.

As I walk out of the front door, I am expectant for a great day, even as the rain begins again. Even with the rain and challenges of the week. I know that it has rained most of the night - the water has become resident all around our yard. I can see from the tulips to the fruit trees to the river rock all around that there has been a storm; but somehow, it all looks fresh and new. Even the dirt seems clean and glistening in the rain.


“The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him…” ~Nahum 1:7

Shower me today Lord with new insights, honed in perspectives and let my thoughts of You glisten from the cleansing rain.


"This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." ~Psalm 118:24

Allow each day to be a new day, and within that day, every moment reflect a new and vibrant faith. Renew me Lord. Let me look at everything around me and see Your hand at work, let me see, even the rainy, dreary days as beautiful and amazing.


"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." ~Psalm 51:10

May I continue to have a beautiful perspective and everyday as I step into the world, storm or not, I am expectant of “hope forward”.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me