Translate

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 499 of Giving Thanks

I head into tomorrow with trust, faith and anticipation…

Today I was in a classroom learning new stuff… that was a scary thought for me growing up; and this morning I was brimming with excitement to get back into a classroom. I have been in a position that does not utilize my gifts or my skills and was starting to doubt what I could actually do and accomplish – have you ever been here?

As I prepared over the last couple of days for this class, I prayed; and focused on what I could learn, rather than what I may not “get”. I thanked God for giving me the learning style I have, rather than fretting about the challenges that I have. I set my expectations for this class high, rather than pre-determining “being behind” or “not grasping” the materials. I trusted that God would remove the obstacles before me – I trusted that God went before me – I trusted that God knew my needs and fulfilled them completely. And, today I felt accomplished and smart and ready for the next round.

Sometimes childhood memories are strongholds, and for me, being in a classroom brings back memories. But today, was different and it was a great experience. And, strongholds are often memories that are greatly unwarranted and untrue – or based on false information. Do you have a stronghold that hinders you? I have had several over the years – yet, God is faithful and has the power to change perspective and remove all the unnecessary thoughts that do not benefit me (and you).

“If Christ is the wisdom of God and the power of God in the experience of those who trust and love him, there needs no further argument of his divinity.” ~Henry Ward Beecher


Every day I get to start out with these truthful words to myself:

- That you are only who God says you are
- That you have a great destiny
- That you have gifts in areas still yet to be discovered
- That you are loved beyond measure
- That you have the protection against everything not God
- That you are created for a unique purpose
- That you have been given choice
- That you have access to all the answers
- That you have power beyond measure


“But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing the LORD’s praise, for he has been good to me.” ~Psalm 13:5-6

What an amazingly beautiful day today - Spring weather – sunshine. Every day is an opportunity to gain wisdom and continue my journey toward perfection in God. Living in the knowledge that every day is a gift from my heavenly Father. How can I not have gratitude for every moment? I also acquired a couple of new friends - that is a gift! Two more wonderful women to pray for and introduce Christ to.

Thank You Jesus, for giving me so many reasons to live life greatly.

I head into tomorrow with trust, faith and anticipation… I am grateful for having peace on this journey and hope in every moment, along with partnership that is powerful and perfect.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me