Translate

Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 474 of Giving Thanks

I love when the juices get flowing. When I start to write the sparks are flying off the keyboard and today wanted to be one of those days, however there was a minor block, called a job that kept me from writing all day. And, with my fingers flying right now, I am not even sure what hits the screen until I can go back and re-read.

Today, I am grateful for everything, there is nothing I cannot appreciate – my biggest aha today, is…"Start living in your moments... stop complaining about what is already done - or contemplating 'what ifs'" Yes, God I hear You.

I have had some very wise friends shed some light on some things this week, one in particular last night especially. And that friend was God – as He calmed me, gave me rest and covered my fears. After 5 or 6 days of way too much to do, and very little hope to finish it all – I allowed myself to feel helpless – and incapable – and vulnerable. That’s what He wanted. For me to realize that my own power, my personal effort just wasn’t going to get me there. The harder I worked all week, the harder I fell behind. And last night, I had just had enough – really I had enough of me.

Dear God, I need You, plain and simple to do everything. Father, thank You for being with me today - guiding me, strengthening me, holding me.

So, I wanted more than enough of God. As I lay in bed – I settled in, and just started talking, laying my fears and worries right out there – earlier I felt “wait” was necessary, that waiting for a situation to play would be the best approach to take, but as I lay in bed – speaking to the Lord, He listened and it was there, before Him, comforted and feeling very safe, I “waded” through the feelings and emotions; I waded through the what ifs and whys, but only briefly.

I fluttered in and out of prayer and questions. I am not quite sure how long this went on, but I don’t remember actually ending the conversation. My sense, however is that between my thoughts, the Holy Spirit’s interpretation of them and the mighty listening powers of God, all through Jesus – something was definitely worked out.

I awoke fresh and rested, even with so little sleep. It was a mini retreat – me, the leadings of the Holy Spirit toward God, resting in the knowledge today that only because I have Jesus in my life and is my life’s everything can I have this at the very moment I need it.

I waded through the silence of last week and realized last night that it was me causing the silence. God was right there, listening – and the silence was where I was supposed to be.

Today I am wading through the hope I feel and the joy I sense. It began today by giving my day to God. I am grateful that I always go to God, and that my days are filled with moments before Him, but today was different. It was His leading and just making me aware that He is here, and reminding me of who I am.

Who am I?

I am a child of God, a wife, a mother and a friend;

a friend with God, my husband, my daughter and others.

Friendship is an amazing gift to give and in the process

God blesses us with love beyond love's comprehension.

Who am I?

I am a friend, your friend.


© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me