There is a place called complacency, which if you visit too long it will become harder and harder to leave.
It is quite comfortable and warm and inviting and everyone visits, many stay.
There is a moment when complacency becomes the status quo and many don't realize that moment has passed.
- It is the moment that the world’s ways seem appropriate and right.
- It is the moment that God becomes watered down.
- It is the moment that your dreams are just not important any more.
- It is the moment that life is ok the way it is.
- It is the moment that just enough is all you expect.
- It is the moment that opening the blinds is an effort.
- It is the moment that a smile is rare to see in your own reflection.
All these moments occur – and at some point they collide and crash – it is when we can separate from our moments and connect with God that complacency becomes extinct. And, extinction is an awesome thing.
- It extinguishes the enemy’s plans.
- It extinguishes sadness.
- It extinguishes helplessness and hopelessness.
Extinguishing complacency is my moment to moment objective. Removing the things that are too comfortable and too warm and too inviting to so many and replace with a presence that is not always comfortable, but very comforting - is not always warm, but wraps me gently - is not always inviting, but the invitation is freely given to everybody.
I share an invitation from my Savior - for He wants to comfort you and wrap you securely in salvation with a flooding of warmth over you.
Be present in my life Jesus.
Be my strength when I face opposition.
Be here when I am alone.
Be everywhere when I am nowhere.
Be the cushion when I fall.
Be warmth when I am cold.
Be everything, when I feel nothing.
Be Lord, be for me.
© 2011 Shawn Boreta, Giving Thanks Daily