Translate

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 462 of Giving Thanks


There is no place like home. Although I had a great time in Colorado, catching up, praying, having a wonderful time with my mom and meeting some of my Facebook friends face to face, I was sure ready to head home.

At 9:28PM last night, my plane landed at the Oakland Airport, a little late, but home nonetheless. My wonderful husband tracked my flight and picked me up, right on time. I am grateful to be home and safe.
 
 “Your dwelling place is secure, your nest is set in a rock;” ~Numbers 24:21

We arrived home and eight little feet were right at the door waiting to greet me with sniffs and meows; and on the dining room table a dozen red roses and a Valentine card. Thank You Father for all the wonderful gift of home and giving me the gift of knowing my permanent dwelling place in You.

 “What a beautiful home, God-of-the-Angel-Armies! I've always longed to live in a place like this, Always dreamed of a room in your house, where I could sing for joy to God-alive! 
Birds find nooks and crannies in your house, sparrows and swallows make nests there. They lay their eggs and raise their young, singing their songs in the place where we worship. 
God-of-the-Angel-Armies! King! God! How blessed they are to live and sing there!” Psalm 84:1-4 (The Message)


I am grateful the two weeks I had to reflect and spend time with my family – as well as the many hours spent in God’s presence with His beautiful word and faithful promises. It is an honor to share His lessons in my life with so many, and I am grateful that a mighty God can use me – I believe He uses all of us greatly when we submit to His will for us. Lord I submit and I believe in the amazing purpose of my life.

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~Isaiah 41:10 (day 457)

Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never failThey are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” ~Lamentations 3:21-23 (NIV) (Day 453)

I am grateful to know that I can enter my dwelling place, which is His presence. Yes, there is no place like home, there is no place like being safe in home and knowing that home is a wonderful gift… yes, there is no place like home, God’s dwelling place.

“How lovely is your dwelling place, LORD Almighty!” ~Psalm 84:1 (NIV)
Blessed are those who dwell in Your house; they are ever praising You." ~Psalm 84:4 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me