Translate

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 466 of Giving Thanks

Instantly, really? Really! As fast as I could say, “Lord I need”, He was there. And, that is how my salvation occurred. I asked, He answered a beautiful “Yes Shawn, you will spend eternity with Me.” My journey “in” God continues.

“For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing withyour mouth that you are saved.” ~Romans 10:10 (NLT)

There have been many moments since 2002 when I thought I would never make it, including this time of my life with some of the challenges I have faced lately. And, all I have to do is think back to all the miracles in my life – all the times when He got me through to know that it is with Him that I can persevere.

“He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.” ~Ecclesiastes 3:11

It has been a glorious journey of time – Time to learn – Time to heal – Time to dwell – Time to hear – Time to understand – Time to revel – Time to begin – Time to see – Time to know – Time to grow – Time to share – Time to teach – Time to break – Time to overflow – Time to pray. It is time to embrace Him wholly, to listen to His promptings closely and do whatever it takes. “There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:” ~Ecclesiastes 3:1

One minute, it’s, my flesh saying, "Enough! I can't keep doing this!" And moments later, I know that me with God says, "Take my hand Lord, help me make this work."

“Jesus looked hard at them and said, "No chance at all if you think you can pull it off yourself. Every chance in the world if you trust God to do it." ~ Matthew 19:26 (The Message)

2 comments:

  1. Scary thought, where our lives would be if we were in charge and doing it all by ourselves. I like your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anne-Lise - how's your writing coming?

    ReplyDelete

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me