Translate

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 446 of Giving Thanks

Halfway through the week, I realized I was focusing on the wrong things. I was reeling downward as I allowed deadlines and responsibilities to dictate how I felt, and honestly, how I reacted. Someone mentioned this C.S. Lewis quote Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither.” And I certainly was not aiming or looking toward heaven… when I focused on what was going on down here, I sank even lower – as soon as I set my sights on what He wanted me to do, even when and especially when I was completely tapped out this week, He kept me going.

So much recently, I realize how great I now have it. As I start to dwell in what His promises are, I can easily become overwhelmed with gratitude.

“For whatsoever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.” – Romans 15:4

Yesterday God’s warmth touched me deeply through the friends who prayed for me. Today I received encouragement after encouragement. It was so much, it is hard to determine where to begin – let me just say, God eloquently planted hope throughout my day:
·       A note that said “your room is ready”
·       The words “I am having a good day”, from someone being counseled
·       Deadlines met, responsibilities released and boundaries upheld
·       A compliment of my character
·       Many hugs from my work family
·       Packed and ready to go

Lord, You are truly amazing. Thank You for turning my week into a sincere blessing. Thank You for working out the details today, and giving me peace and excitement to rest.

 “God's a safe-house for the battered,  a sanctuary during bad times.  The moment you arrive, you relax; you're never sorry you knocked.” ~Psalm 9:9-10 (The Message)

I heard today, “Our faith allows us to believe in hope”. I realized that a lack of hope or allowing my circumstance to dictate that lack, and is what keeps me from living in hope. It is through experiencing hopeful moments and knowing where that hope comes from that I am encouraged. The question today was, “Where do I find my hope?” And, this week, I find hope in just knowing that I am not alone and I can go to Him at any moment and He is already there.

 “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.” ~John 14:18 


Today, expectations were set and met – and I even came away with a few blessings that were wonderful surprises. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me