Translate

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 445 of Giving Thanks

Thank You Father that all I have to do is come to You and, even before I speak, You know how I feel – today, as I come to You, my thoughts are not clear.
As the my nerves unraveled earlier today, and the pile of things to do became larger, I grabbed my coat, and decided to take a quick walk in the crisp morning air – taking a God break – and that is where I began to seek clarity today.

I stepped out of the chaos into the quiet of His chamber; at the moment I turned the corner, and although there were cars and people bustling through the parking lot, , I didn’t hear a thing. I walked in silence, in void for 10 minutes, removing all remnants of thought or turmoil.

I did, however have to step back into the busyness of my day, and managed to get through the day.

Lord, all these thoughts and feelings, which I cannot even formulate in my mind, and I ask You to take them from me and give me rest tonight. The funny thing is that tonight as I was sitting here, I remembered the words, “take me to the river”, which I know is not a spiritual song, but that is where I want to be.


But the minute you cross the Jordan River and settle into the land God, your God, is enabling you to inherit, he'll give you rest from all your surrounding enemies. You'll be able to settle down and live in safety. 
 From then on, at the place that God, your God, chooses to mark with his name as the place where you can meet him, bring everything that I command you: your Absolution-Offerings and sacrifices, tithes and Tribute-Offerings, and the best of your Vow-Offerings that you vow to God. 
Celebrate there in the Presence of God, your God, you and your sons and daughters, your servants and maids, including the Levite living in your neighborhood because he has no place of his own in your inheritance.” ~Deuteronomy 12:10-12

Thank you everyone who prayed for me. I am grateful that the Lord is faithful and had given me such an amazing network of friends, my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me