Translate

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 467 of Giving Thanks

A few years ago when I looked forward to this point of my life, I saw a totally different outcome – I wasn’t looking for piles of gold or a perfect path – but I did expect “better”. And, as I sit here, finishing up a very busy work day – in my head, I say “I am better than this”, yet by whose standards?

And, how did I get “here”? What really do I expect? Better than what?

What is “better” anyway? My circumstances may not be what I expected, but through these trials, experiences and miracles, I have become less and He has become more, so I am – superior quality and posses great excellence – improved – more appropriate. I walk taller, speak more clearly and think more Christ-like, because “He must increase, but I must decrease.” ~John 3:30 (ASV)

This very moment was a homecoming for me – a moment of clarity. I am humbled by my arrogance and selfishness – and I am grateful for revelation in my life. I have talked about being content, when every day, I just “get by”; almost forcing my way through my day. I do know that when I am disgruntled or, even disgusted in my circumstances, I miss things – the signs, the blessings – I miss Him! Lord, I don’t want to miss anything You have for me.


“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” ~John14:27

So now what? Eyes on Him, that’s what!

When I open up my heart, clear my vision and listen, He gives me exactly what I need. And, at the moment, I must work for Him, glorify Him in my daily walk and daily work – and wait upon Him to show me the next assignment.

With Him in my sights, on my mind and as my world there is nothing I need to worry or fret about! He assures me, that with Him, I've got it all.

I am insufficient on my own, yet massively significant with God, that’s what I have learned and Lord help me to truly comprehend and live that fully. “Jesus looked hard at them and said, "No chance at all if you think you can pull it off yourself. Every chance in the world if you trust God to do it." ~ Matthew 19:26 (The Message)

There is change coming – and changes is me constantly. I will look to the future, but with different eyes today. I see my life different and “better” in so many ways, and this is good. He has great plans for me – and it is up to me to believe, and up to Him to provide the path. Father, help me follow, teach me to lead when it’s time and find comfort in Your footsteps always. Today, I am praying for clarity of vision with a deepened sense of You in my heart and in my decisions. Lord, thank You for this journey – thank You for the humbling and correction – Thank You for the path before me and your leading. In Jesus’ mighty and perfect name, I pray. Amen.

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” - Jeremiah 29:11-13



No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me