Translate

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 469 of Giving Thanks

With light drifting away, and the chill of the air sharp, I ponder what to write – and I sat here for quite a while – listening to my husband think through building a platform bed and catching up on some reading. This, is a very interesting combination – when Chris works things out, he asks questions – which are not to be answered verbally – and asks more questions that, he himself answers. Quite cute, once I figure out how to interact with his “thinking through” things, yes, thirteen years in the making – the day I had that revelation saved many things…

So through Chris’ thinking, I too thought – quietly asked questions and waited and in the quiet, the lesson I heard on the radio yesterday was still simmering in me – Really, our job as Christians is to love one another, no matter what the behavior, and leave the changing up to God's hand. I find that I only see what is in front of me (behavior), and God is asking me to allow Him to work. Never know what seeds have been planted in people, and if we love them, not their behavior, we are opened up to showing Christ greatly – salvation to God, and God to change.

Some of the things I have grown into have been the greatest lessons ever:

Be still, that’s it just be still.

“The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.” ~Exodus 14:14 (NIV)

Listening more than talking, yet I do still struggle with this – because don’t most of us believe we have so much to teach others?

“My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak…” ~James 1:19

Loving the unlovable, and realizing I am one of the most unlovable – yet, God does love me greatly.

“But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you…” ~Matthew 5:44 (NIV)

Knowing where I come from and sharing that with others, and knowing that this is truly a passion.

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” ~Psalm 139:13-14 (NIV)

Remembering to ask for help­, and know that my God is right there for me. I never have to question that.

"This is God's Message, the God who made earth, made it livable and lasting, known everywhere as God: 'Call to me and I will answer you. I'll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own.' Jeremiah 33:2-3 (The Message)

These have been my staples over the past few months – and I am very grateful for His leading and keeping me in the word. Father, I thank You for my life, my lessons and helping me to keep my eyes on You.

So, through Chris’ thinking through, and my ponderings, it has already been a full day – now the reward for hard work – a date with my husband, dinner and a movie – this is truly a great life.


2 comments:

  1. OK I get the monkey pic - beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Nice one Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just thought he was cute, and my husband is cute. ;-)

    Thanks Brian.

    ReplyDelete

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me