Translate

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 448 of Giving Thanks


For most, the idea of giving up their burdens would mean change and often, giving up those burdens means giving up many other things – sometimes it is the pain that is held on to – sometimes it is the losses that will never be recovered .

"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~Matthew 11:28

This is a person well – this is the person I now can barely recognize in my rearview mirror; this is the same person who, as I look in the mirror today, sees restoration and hope in so many things. “A faithful man will abound with blessings…” ~Proverbs 28:20

I see blessings in giving my burdens to the Lord – I see the times of pain as moments rather than my life – and although I have loss, I am given so much more when I just trust and believe that God is bigger than anything I encounter. “…He who trusts in the Lord will prosper.” ~Proverbs 28: 25

For this journey God, I thank You for getting me here. Although “here” is not what I imagined, I would not change a thing. Through the time from there to here, it has been an amazing journey, one with many surprises and miracles. Now it is only great expectations as I go from here to there.

“I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For He has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.” ~Isaiah 61:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me