Translate

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 695 of Giving Thanks

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart." ~Psalm 37:4 (Amplified Bible)

I am grateful that it is my heart's desires, He compassionately remembers. Capture my heart today Lord, for I am not sure that I can effectively relay what is in my heart and in my thoughts. I pray for wisdom today, strength for the moments and the power to see through Your eyes today. I pray that I can hear the miracles of Your word and promises, while praising even the moments that seem to be tough. Let me be completely absorbed by You today, in heart, through my thoughts and deeply in my soul.

“Therefore we do not become discouraged (utterly spiritless, exhausted, and wearied out through fear). Though our outer man is [progressively] decaying and wasting away, yet our inner self is being [progressively] renewed day after day.
“For our light, momentary affliction (this slight distress of the passing hour) is ever more and more abundantly preparing and producing and achieving for us an everlasting weight of glory [beyond all measure, excessively surpassing all comparisons and all calculations, a vast and transcendent glory and blessedness never to cease!],
“Since we consider and look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen; for the things that are visible are temporal (brief and fleeting), but the things that are invisible are deathless and everlasting.” ~2 Corinthians 4:16-18 (Amplified Bible)


This is life... I know that I will get things wrong, I will go too slow, I will make bad choices and I will stumble... but, because I have done the one thing right, "Choosing to accept His amazing gift", I know I can do all things through Him... we can become less, yet become better. Now that is worth living for. And, that is exciting stuff. (Philippians 4:13, John 3:30)

I was saved once, and receive daily His grace, mercies and amazing favor. “God saved you through faith as an act of kindness. You had nothing to do with it. Being saved is a gift from God.” ~Ephesians 2:8 (GOD’S WORD Translation)

I am often reminded of how amazing life is once you actually receive life. His gift is freely given and there is no life without it. “For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son. Whoever puts his trust in God’s Son will not be lost but will have life that lasts forever.” ~John 3:16 (New Life Version)

 
© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta                     
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me