Translate

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 718 of Giving Thanks

Noise is more that decibels tapping our eardrums. And, I believe that “we” become very accustomed to so much noise that it’s difficult to be still and take in the quiet. For me, quiet is sometimes meditating on a verse, it could be listening to very soothing instrumental music and other times it is just listening to the uninhibited sounds around me.

How many people do we know who are drowning out the truth with noise?

Today has been a day full of not so quiet. It was a very busy day at work, and this evening has been full of things to do, but now it's time to drown out the noise to hear the truth. It was only yesterday God reminded, on a few occasions that I should listen more, allow the messages and requests come to me, rather than me go after them. And, that is what happened all day long. He revealed, that I am here to share the Word! What an AWESOME thing.

We are all here to help one another as well. In ministry we are to complement one another, not compete. In ministry we are to encouragement one another and share all that we learn. In ministry, we are to listen more and speak less. How can we answer questions, if we don’t know what the questions are? How can we pray for someone if we don’t know what they need or their hearts are yearning for? And, how can I hear the Holy Spirit’s directions, answers or facilitation if I am too busy talking?


‎"But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you." ~ John 14:26 (Amplified Bible)

Let Him BE...
Let Him BE the someone I cry myheart out to.
Let Him BE the comfort I seek when comfort is required.
Let Him BE the only voice I hear in times of turmoil or tragedy.
Let Him BE the One and only God for me.

It has been an incredible journey of the mind. Years ago, I heard the saying, “from the inside out…” It has been an amazing transformation to be a part of. To know that I came from outwardly motivated to inwardly moving toward Him – wholly changing from the inside through my thoughts to shine Him outwardly. In all the years of self-help books, an addiction I gladly gave up, I never knew the peace and security I now have, and all because “it is finished” (John 19:30).

I use to strive for perfection, and I always knew that I would never arrive. Today, I know that I am not perfect, yet I am being perfected by His perfect will toward His perfect plan. Hope lives amazingly, because there is going to be a time I will arrive perfectly into His presence.

“I give thanks to my God upon my every remembrance of you, always in my every prayer for all of you, making the prayer with joy, because of your participation in the gospel from the first day until now, convinced of this same thing, that the one who began a good work in you will finish it until the day of Christ Jesus…” ~Philippians 1:3-6 (Lexham English Bible)

Paul’s words are a perfect reminder of this truth of His finished work in me that is only possible because of His finished work on the cross. This, right here is cause and reason enough to “be still and listen”.


© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me